Open allClose all
Instructions: Clicking on the module name will show / hide the section.
This module has been designed to help you prepare for Math 050 at Yukon College.
It focuses on skills that you should be familiar with before beginning Math 050. Math 050 is a busy, challenging course and students who are well-prepared for it are more likely to be successful.
This is an Independent Study module which means you will be correcting your own work as you go.
When you need extra help understanding a lesson, there are links to short videos you can watch. These links are listed in the schedule with each lesson.
The Textbook is available below and can be saved to your USB Key if you wish. The Academic Support Centre will also have a printed copy if you would like to use it; however, it must not leave the Centre.
If you follow the Schedule and Instructions, you can complete this module in 18 days or in 3 1/2 weeks.
In order to complete this module, you will need the following supplies:
- Access to the Textbook (below)
- a Scientific Calculator
- Paper to work on (a spiral bound book or binder is best)
- Pencils for working, pens to mark, erasers
- Internet Access to view videos
Time required to complete this module:
Number of weeks: 3½ weeks (18 days)
Number of days per week: 5
Number of hours per day: 3
Total number of hours: 54 hrs
Keep in Mind:
Binder organization is important. Dating and labeling your pages will help you stay organized.
Setting aside a specific study place and scheduled time will help keep you focused.
Take breaks if needed, but stick to your schedule.
Choose a healthy way to reward yourself for a job well-done each day!
Schedule and Instructions
ScheduleClick to begin:
How to use the schedule:
1) Identify the skill to be learned in the Skill Column.
2) Read the textbook pages identified in the Learn Column.
3) Work through the questions identified in the Master the Skill Column.
4) Mark your work and correct your mistakes.
5) At any time, use the links to Watch and Learn videos to help with your understanding of a concept.
- If you feel confident in a certain topic, then complete at least 5 random questions from the practice set in that section. If you complete them successfully, move on to the next section.
- If you are unable to complete this module, then it is recommended that you sign up for Math 030.
- Click on the Academic Support Centre schedule for math support times
Note: Not all sections of this textbook will be used. The sections and page numbers are identified in the Schedule (below), so please read and follow it carefully.
Click the title to open the textbook.
This textbook, Introductory Algebra, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Faculty members at The Community College of Baltimore County in Baltimore, Maryland remixed and edited Beginning and Intermediate Algebra by Tyler Wallace, also licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
On-line Fun and Games!!